Mission Statement on training and education
The European Academy for Gynaecological Surgery (+he Academy) offers the gynaecological community scientifically validated standards and criteria for training and education in gynaecological endoscopy and establishes certified training programmes for residents and postgraduates.
+he Academy's mission for the creation and organization of training seminars is:
- To provide education and training for gynaecologists in performing laparoscopic surgery based on the best possible scientific evidence;
- To provide guidelines for these training courses, standards of practice, and granting of privileges that promote patient safety and the best clinical outcome;
- To define and provide tools and guidelines for measurement in assessing laparoscopic psychomotor skills;
- To certify gynaecologist's expertise and progress in laparoscopic psychomotor skills;
- To measure, on an ongoing basis, the quality and effectiveness of +he Academy's educational programmes and to adapt them based on the results so obtained;
- To serve as a forum for ideas and exchange of information in current and emerging skill-training methods;
- To foster, support, and encourage scientific research on training for gynaecological surgery.